Monday, February 21, 2011

The Many Faces of Becky

I hate getting my picture taken. Wait. That's a lie. I HATE seeing myself in pictures. I never look good. yuck.

Regardless, over the last few years a friend of mine has taken many pictures of me starting a dog in flyball. The joke became that most, if not all, are not very flattering pictures of me. Mouth open, eyes intense - they make me look like a wild woman out in the ring. Over the last year, others have unknowningly joined her in capturing me in these moments. I thought it was time to put it all together.

And the reason is this: They are funny. Each and every one of them is funny in their own way. It might be my face, my hair, my arms, or my eyes. Or it might be the way my body is contorting or how poor Wrigley and Reba are reacting to my craziness. Either way, they are funny. And while I still hate seeing myself in pictures, maybe finding the humor in them will help me accept them. So enjoy...These show the good, the bad, and the ugly of me as a dog handler. Snarling, yelling, kneeling, squatting, spitting, screaming, intense...here they are!















Photos credits: TTL Photo, William C. Moore, Melissa Manley, and Stephanie Smith. (Mostly Stephanie Smith!!!)

1 comment:

  1. A new side of you Bec, I don't know if I should be scared or laugh, or a bit of both.

    ReplyDelete