Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Goonies

Brenna and I had our first "official" visit to the orthodontist today. She had x-rays and a mold taken for braces and I had a mold done for a mouth guard so I stop grinding my teeth. (I decided that something must be done or my molars will be gone by the time I am 50!)

There is a big area where there are 7 or 8 chairs in a row. It is like an assembly line.  The orthodontist goes up and down the row working on whoever needs him or the assitants take care of the patients. It was pretty impressive and everyone was so friendly. I figure they must all like their jobs! Anyway, in front each chair there is a flat screen TV hanging on the wall near the ceiling. Not huge TVs, but big enough for the kids to see while they are getting their teeth fixed.

Today they were showing "Goonies". Of all movies, really, Goonies? I watched it reluctantly, as I as a captive audience sitting there with yellow goop in my mouth.

Once in the car, yellow goop all rinsed out of our mouths, Brenna noted that they were showing "Goonies".
"I think it was a weird movie to show at that kind of place," she said.
"Why is that?" I asked.
"Well, what are the kids out the waiting room with no TV thinking when they hear the kids in the movie screaming? Will they know it's a movie? Or will they think it is the kids getting their braces on?"

1 comment:

  1. I have the mold for an "at home" mouth guard sitting on my desk to be done because I am too cheap to spend $400 on one from the dentist!!

    I'm tellin' you, Brenna cracks me up! And yes, Goonies is an ODD movie to play at the dentist, but Mikey does have braces, so maybe that is the point......

    ReplyDelete