Saturday, January 29, 2011

Slogger

I am a slogger - a slacker blogger. My intentions are good. But when I finally get home or have free time I would rather numb my mind by playing Bejeweled or Farmville than put forth the effort to blog. In reality, I am a slogger. But I am working on fixing that and as long as y'all don't mind writing that hasn't been revised (sorry Lucy Caulkins!) then here we go. I will attempt to catch you up on some events that have happened over the last few weeks.

Riptide at School...

My first graders earn I Care Awards for exceptional behavior. When they earn 10 of them they get to vote on a special reward. Some past awards have been a movie party, pajama day, and Reba day. Some of the suggestions were:
crazy hair day
funky sock day
Riptide day
extra recess
show and tell day

As the title might suggest Riptide day won. And as you all might realize, I could have nixed it. I am after all, in charge! However, I really liked the idea of bringing Rip when he is young so he can get used to coming to school and  then maybe, just maybe, he could come more often. Plus, the kids were so excited about it. Reba day had been such a success! Well it didn't work out as planned. First he pooped in the hallway. Then he whined in his crate. Then he ignored the kids. Yes, my friends, ignored the kids. He only had eyes for me. I had to bribe him to sit still long enough to let them pet him. I might try him again. I'm not sure. We'll see.

But I told the kids I would bring one of the others if they could remember my other dogs' names!

Grilled Cheese
I hate to cook. It's not that I don't know how or can't cook, I choose not too. I have no patience for it. And my off task behavior usually causes problems like burning, over boiling, and ugly food. Last night I was making grilled cheese and tomato soup. And I was on the phone. If I am not on the phone, I am on the computer or reading or watching tv. Rarely am I not doing something...unless I am napping! Anyway, I burned a grilled cheese. Just one side, but burned nonetheless. Brenna walked up to the skillet, looked at the sandwich and said "I need to take over." wow. Maybe I should have been hurt, but I was relieved. Now I could talk on the phone unencumbered.

So this morning Brenna wanted pancakes for breakfast. I offered. A couple of times. "No thanks mom, I got it." And she did. There are 3 happy girls eating breakfast (Ash had a friend over) and one happy mom blogging.

Life is good. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Becky! I hate cooking too for all the same reasons you do. It just isn't worth it.. My kids rarely want to eat what i've fixed. Sometimes I worry that maybe I should really fix big meals but I know in my heart they won't eat it but then I think about sending off in the world with memories of burned rolls.

    ReplyDelete