Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

Rarely do I make a resolution at New Year's. And if I do I never follow through. Honestly, I can't even remember a resolution I have ever made.

So this year I'm doing it. But differently. I am going to make a new mini-resolution each day. I've made a list of possible daily resolutions. I'm going to keep track of them each day. Does that mean I do indeed have a resolution? To maintain the daily resolution resolution? sigh...it is the first day of the year and already my resolution has me confused.

In addition to daily resolutions I came up with "bigger" resolutions for the year that will require regularly daily resolutions dedicated to the bigger one's completion. Like redoing the downstairs bathroom and losing weight. Those will always be around but I don't want them to consume all my resolution energy. So there are some smaller ones that are more fun like writing a book for children or printing pictures for all the empty frames I have.

And there are some serious ones like spending time with the girls and a regular date night with Don and playing with Rosie and Max. Those are things that if I don't do, I will regret it.

But it is the daily resolution that I make that will count the most. Here is a short list:
  • Call an old friend.
  • Cook a meal.
  • Walk one of the dogs.
  • Eat 3 pieces of fruit.
  • Find everything funny.
  • Exercise
  • Play Wii with the girls.
  • Read a real book for fun.
  • Clean out a drawer or closet.
The list is longer, but you get the idea.  And if anyone has any other suggestions for small daily resolutions, please let me know! New ideas are always welcome.

So Happy New Year my friends. May 2011 find you healthy and happy.

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year to you, Becky! I hope that you will continue to find the humor in each day and thanks for taking the time to share your insights in your new blog! Hurray for you! I look forward to laughing along with you:)Happy blogging! Pam

    ReplyDelete