Monday, January 3, 2011

I had a great first day back at school with my little darlings! I thoroughly enjoy my job as a first grade teacher and I have to say that a lot of the funny stuff in my life happens in that classroom. The children are so uncensored and honest. It just makes me laugh out loud!

Today during our morning meeting I asked the kids how their break was. The responses were instant: "I got a blah, blah." "I went to so and so's house." "Santa brought me fa-la-la..." And in the midst of it all, louder than all the rest, comes a "How was YOUR Christmas, Mrs. Rulis?" Everyone fell silent. Including me. I looked at the little culprit - how dare he think of someone besides himself! - and smiled. "It was wonderful," I said. "Thank you for asking."

It made my day. And made me glad to be back at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment